IC2MP is a joint laboratory between the CNRS and the University of Poitiers gathering 110 permanent researchers, an administrative and engineering staff of 50 peoples and about 120 PhD, postdoc, Masters and invited professors. IC2MP is an interdisciplinary chemistry institute with scientists investigating (1) the design of clean processes and (2) the transfer and bioaccumulation mechanisms of organic molecules in eco-systems. Hence, IC2MP is a unique laboratory capable of determining the sustainability of a process in a large part of the chain value. It is composed of five research teams working in heterogeneously-catalyzed reactions, assisted catalysis, catalytic surface characterization, organic chemistry, minerals and clays and water. Main applications of research concern the catalytic conversion of biomass to fine chemicals, smart use of fossils for energy and commodities, CO2 activation, transfer mechanism of organic molecules in eco-systems and materials.
IC2MP is at the heart of the creation of INCREASE. Particularly, IC2MP brings to INCREASE its scientific expertise in the field of non-thermal technologies (non-thermal atmospheric plasma, ultrasound, electrochemistry, microwaves) and alternative media for the catalytic conversion of renewable polyols (carbohydrates, glycerol, cellulose) to bio-based organic building blocks such as glucans, furanic derivatives, ketones and carboxylic acids. In all these topics, upstream researches conducted at IC2MP aims at improving profitability through increase of reaction yield, decrease of reaction times and the reduction of solvent waste.
Investigated works in line with the scientific strategy of INCREASE
Within the scope of INCREASE, IC2MP investigates the design of sustainable processes capable of (1) activating/converting cellulose at low temperature and (2) converting concentrated feeds of polyols (carbohydrates, glycerol) to organic building blocks.
In this context, three strategies are investigated:
- The coupling of catalysis to non-thermal technologies
- The search of alternative media for catalysis
- Bifunctional catalysis
These works at the border of homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis aims at facilitating the emergence of safer chemicals (surfactants, solvents, monomers, thickening agents, etc.). Catalysis in biphasic media, solvation of catalytic sites and dispersion of catalysts in polar media are at the heart of researches.
Main investigated reactions are:
- Selective production of oligosaccharides from cellulose or monosaccharides
- Catalytic conversion of carbohydrates to dicarbonylated products via the furanic platform
- Selective functionalization of polyols (carbohydrates, glycerol)
Director IC2MP: Sabine Petit (DR CNRS) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Representing IC2MP at the executive board of INCREASE: Karine De Oliveira Vigier (Associate Professor).
Selective publication in line with INCREASE
- Maud Benoit, Anthony Rodrigues, Qinghua Zhang, Elodie Fourré, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Jean-Michel Tatibouët, François Jérôme, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50 (38), 8964-8967.
(Depolymerization of Cellulose Assisted by a Nonthermal Atmospheric Plasma)
- Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Adlene Benguerba, Joël Barrault and François Jérôme, Green Chem, 2012, 14, 285-289.
(Conversion of fructose and inulin to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural in sustainable betaine hydrochloride-based media)
- Qinghua Zhang, Maud Benoit, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Joël Barrault, François Jérôme, Chem. Eur. J., 2012, 18, 1043-1046.
(Green and inexpensive choline-derived solvents for cellulose decrystallization) Communication highlighted by Wiley in the volume 18 of Chemistry: A European Journal
- Fei Liu, Joël Barrault, Karine de Oliveira Vigier, François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2012, 5 (7), 1223-1226.
(Dehydration of Highly Concentrated Solutions of Fructose to 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural in a Cheap and Sustainable Choline Chloride/Carbon Dioxide System)
- Maud Benoit, Anthony Rodrigues, Karine de Oliveira Vigier, Elodie Fourré, Joël Barrault, Jean-Michel Tatibouët and François Jérôme, Green Chem., 2012, 14 (8), 2212 - 2215.
(Combination of ball-milling and non thermal atmospheric plasma as physical treatments for the saccharification of microcrystalline cellulose)
- Qinghua Zhang, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Sébastien Royer, François Jérôme, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2012, 41, 7108-7146.
(Deep Eutectic Solvents: Syntheses, Properties and Applications)
- Qinghua Zhang, Maud Benoit, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Joël Barrault, Gwenaëlle Jégou, Michel Philippe and François Jérôme, Green Chem., 2013, 13, 963-969. Article highlighted in cover page.
(Pretreatment of microcrystalline cellulose by ultrasounds: effect of particle size in the heterogeneously-catalyzed hydrolysis of cellulose to glucose)
- Fei Liu, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Marc Pera-Titus, Yannick Pouilloux, Jean-Marc Clacens, Floryan Decampo and François Jérôme, Green Chem, 2013, 15, 901-909, Top 10 most accessed articles in February 2013.
(Catalytic etherification of glycerol with short chain alkyl alcohols in the presence of Lewis acids)
- Qinghua Zhang, Nermin Simge Oztekin, Joël Barrault, Karine De Oliveira Vigier and François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2013, 6(4), 593-596.
(Activation of microcrystalline cellulose in a CO2-based switchable system)
- Qinghua Zhang and François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2013, 6, 11, 2042–2044.
(Mechanocatalytic Deconstruction of Cellulose: An Emerging Entry into Biorefinery)
One of the most accessed article in ChemSusChem in October 2013
- Fei Liu, Maïté Audemar, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Damien Cartigny, Jean-Marc Clacens, Margarida F. Costa Gomes, Agilio A. H. Pádua, Floryan De Campo and François Jérôme, Green Chem., 2013, 15, 3205-3213.
(Selectivity enhancement in the aqueous acid-catalyzed conversion of glucose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural induced by choline chloride)
- Florent Boissou, Andrea Mühlbauer, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Loïc Leclercq, Werner Kunz, Sinisa Marinkovic, Boris Estrine, Véronique Nardello-Rataj and François Jérôme, Green Chem. 2014, 16, 2463-2471.
(Transition of cellulose crystalline structure in biodegradable mixtures of renewably-sourced levulinate alkyl ammonium ionic liquids, -valerolactone and water)
- Cláudia Bispo, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Mariana Sardo, Nicolas Bion, Luís Mafra, Paula Ferreira, and François Jérôme, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2014, 4 (8), 2235-2240.
(Catalytic dehydration of fructose to HMF over sulfonic acid functionalized periodic mesoporous organosilicas: role of the acid density and microenvironment)
- Fei Liu, Maïté Audemar, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Jean-Marc Clacens, Floryan De Campo and François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2014, 7(8), 2089–2093.
(Palladium/carbone dioxide Cooperative Catalysis for the production of diketone derivatives from carbohydrates)
- Florent Boissou, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Sinisa Marinkovic, Boris. Estrine and François. Jérôme, RSC Advance, 2014, 4, 28836-28841.
(Conversion of wheat straw to furfural and levulinic acid in a concentrated aqueous solution of betaine hydrochloride)
- Grégory Chatel, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2014, 7 (10), 2774-2787.
(Sonochemistry: What Potential for Conversion of Lignocellulosic Biomass into Platform Chemicals?)
- Fei Liu, Maïté Audemar, Karine Vigier, Jean-Marc Clacens, Floryan De Campo and François Jérôme, Green Chem., 2014, 16, 4110-4114.
(Combination of Pd/C and Amberlyst-15 in a single reactor for the catalytic acid/hydrogenation conversion of carbohydrates to 5-hydroxy-2,5-hexanedione)
- D. Rinsant, G. Chatel, F. Jérôme, ChemCatChem 2014, 6, 3355-3359 .
(Efficient and selective oxidation of D-glucose into gluconic acid under low frequency ultrasonic irradiation)
- Florent Boissou, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Boris Estrine, Sinisa Marinkovic, François Jérôme, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2014, DOI: 10.1021/sc500428n.
(Selective Depolymerization of Cellulose to Low Molecular Weight Cello-Oligomers Catalyzed by Betaine Hydrochloride)
- Jie Yang, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Yanlong Gu, François Jérôme, ChemSusChem, 2015, 8 (2), 269–274.
(Catalytic dehydration of carbohydrates suspended in organic solvents promoted by AlCl3/SiO2 coated with choline chloride)
- Abdellatif Barakat, François Jérôme, Xavier Rouau, ChemSusChem, 2015, 8 (7), 1161–1166.
(An Engineered Dry Platform For Separation/Concentration of Proteins From Polysaccharides, Lignin and Polyphenols Contained in Biomass)
- Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Gregory Chatel, François Jérôme, ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 1250–1260.
(Contribution of deep eutectic solvents for biomass processing: opportunities, challenges and limitations)
- Maïté Audemar, Sébastien Royer, François Jérôme, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, ChemSusChem, 2015, 8, 1885-1891.
(Selective Hydrogenation of Furfural to Furfuryl Alcohol in the Presence of a Recyclable Cobalt/SBA-15 Catalyst)
- N. Sayoud, K. De Oliveira Vigier, T. Cucu, B. De Meulenaer, Z. Fan, J. Lai, J.-M. Clacens, A. Liebens, F. Jérôme. Green Chem., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC01020A.
(Homogeneously-acid catalyzed oligomerization of glycerol)
- Florent Boissou, Nassim Sayoud, Karine De Oliveira Vigier, Abdellatif Barakat, Sinisa Marinkovic, Boris Estrine, François Jérôme ChemSusChem, 2015, revised manuscript.
(Acid-assisted ball-milling of cellulose as an efficient pretreatment process for the production of butyl glycosides)
- W. Ghezali, K. De Oliveira Vigier, R. Kessas, F. Jérôme, Green Chem., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC01336D.
(A Choline Chloride/DMSO solvent for the direct synthesis of diformylfuran from carbohydrates in the presence of heteropolyacids)
- Joakim Delaux, Michaël Nigen, Elodie Fourré, Jean-Michel Tatibouët, Abdellatif Barakat, Loyda Atencio, José M. García Fernández, Karine De Oliveira Vigier and François Jérôme, Green Chem., 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC02773J.
(Fast and solvent free polymerization of carbohydrates induced by non-thermal atmospheric plasma)